Foreign Domestic Worker Levy Concession for Persons with Disabilities
The scheme enables families who employ full-time FDWs to look after their loved ones with disabilities to pay a lower monthly concessionary FDW levy of $120 (instead of $265) if they are eligible.
Each household is eligible for levy concessions for up to two FDWs at any one time, including concession granted under other levy concession schemes.
* These are the “Young child/ grandchild” and “Aged person” levy concession schemes. For more information and to apply for these schemes, please visit www.mom.gov.sg.
To be eligible for the scheme, you will need to meet the following criteria:
The care recipient must be a Singapore Citizen.
b) Medical assessment
A Singapore-registered doctor must certify that the care recipient needs permanent assistance in at least one Activity of Daily Living (ADL). The six ADLs are:
• Showering / bathing
• Dressing himself / herself
• Feeding himself / herself
• Transferring from bed to an upright chair/wheelchair or vice versa
• Moving indoors from room to room on level surface
(Please note that this is a non-exhaustive list)
c) Relationship with the care recipient
The FDW employer must be (a) the care recipient OR (b) a family member.
In the case of (b), the employer and care recipient must live together at the same NRIC-registered address.
Visit the Singapore Silver Pages to find out more about the scheme, download the applications forms, or find out who to speak to for assistance.
Information provided here is taken from AIC webpage.